Sunday 22 March 2009

The Museum of Natural History

Naturkunde Museum The first thing you see when you enter the museum is the skeleton of the Brachiosaurus brancai skeleton. It is the largest mounted dinosaur in the world. Is there a larger dinosaur and they do not have a building large enough to display it?
I had forgotten to take a picture of the nameplate so I would remember what it was later. I sent the picture to Miss S for an identification but then found the name when I looked up the museum. This would have been a scary critter to encounter in the wild. Alarming.

This is the room with the geological displays.

These rocks are alot more interesting than the stones I used to pick up and put in my pockets when I was a child.

Is this where they got the idea for those fibre optic Christmas trees?


And for any aspiring prospectors....

this is gold

this is not gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment