Thursday 24 June 2010

My Kind of Bookstore

I love book stores. In fact my idea of heaven is a place with bookstores everywhere. And cozy places to sit and read. Grocery stores aren't necessary since in my heaven, I don't have to cook-someone else does it for me. But I digress.

The best kind of bookstores are not the modern ones , tho' they have their place.
The best bookstores are places with an assortment of everything.
In other words, a bookstore like....
...this!
We found this store when we were walking down Hverfisgata, and were drawn inside.

The proprietor asked if I was looking for anything in particular. I told him, and he led me into a far corner. "Icelandic or English," he asked. "Icelandic," I replied. He reached out to a shelf and pulled off a book. "It was published in the '40s," he said and opened the cover to the appropriate page, pointing to the date. "See?"

No comments:

Post a Comment