Sunday 27 June 2010

Happy Landings

We flew home on an older, really big, plane. I don't know if it was a 737, but something along that line. There were many empty seat, sometimes entire rows.

Anyone know what language this is, and what it says? (Other than the translation given below?)
The plane was struck by lightening on the approach to Winnipeg ( I thought we were farther out). We landed without incident, only a few bumps, but the door of the plane was later found to have been damaged by the strike, and it could not make the return trip.

The bumpy landing did cause the oxygen mask compartment above one seat to open. I'd never seen one open before so I thought it was interesting, tho' the occupant of the seat was thoroughly unnerved.

I'd fly with Iceland Express again. Others weren't so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment