Tuesday 10 February 2009

It's a Slippery Slope

I was driving at a snail's pace in the lane last night when I came home from school. The truck decided it might like to park in the neighbour's garage, never mind that the door was closed and the neighbours car might very well have been inside. Even at the slow speed, I slid quite a way before I stopped, thankfully just short of discovering whether the nieghbours have a sense of humour.

Then this morning, the bus got stuck on the approach to Dunkirk after letting me on. He backed around the corner and took a run at it forcing the fellow who was trying to catch this particular bus zip up to the corner. He had seen the bus spinning so he could understand why the driver hadn't wanted to stop for him.

I was also very glad I had my cleats and Gortex boots today. There were some deceptively deep,slippery,puddles out there. One doesn't need a cold bath that early in the day.

And out on Hwy 3 people were skating on the closed, ice covered road.

No comments:

Post a Comment