Friday 9 April 2010

Jon's Skeleton Sandwich

I heard a recipe for Jon Montgomery's favourite sandwich on CBC one day. The chef of the Russell Inn, who was talking about Jon's gold medal win, called the sandwich The Monty. I personally don't like the name/word Monty. To me it sounds like a big, dopey calf (don't get me wrong, I love big, dopey calves); so I call it a Skeleton sandwich. I think I remembered everything mentioned by the chef, but if not, we like it the way I have it.

Mix together
~ 1/2 cup mayonaise with 4 - 5 tablespoons of Tabasco sauce, a handful of cashews (depends on how big a hand you have and just how nutty you are feeling), and a can of tuna.
Put a piece of whole grain bread on a hot, buttered griddle. Place a layer of havarti cheese, the tuna mix, another layer of cheese and top with another piece of bread. Grill until golden.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment