Friday, 30 April 2010

Good Neighbours

The old school on my parents' property almost burned down the other night. One of the neighbours, when driving by, noticed a glow coming from one of the windows. She drove back to my parents and called her father and her sons on the way. By the time my parents got back to the school, efforts were well underway to throw out the smoldering straw that had been stored inside. The local volunteer fire department arrived and the building was saved.
I am thankful for people who keep their eyes open and aren't afraid to become involved. This is what small communities are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment