Monday 11 May 2009

The New Brain Bucket


I have been long overdue for a new helmet. My current one is older than N1, and he will be eight in a few weeks.
My problem? I didn't just want any old helmet. I wanted something a little more understated, and that wouldn't look odd when worn with a skirt. I liked the style that equestrian riders use. Darrel made the synapes click when he told me to then buy a riding helmet. I don't know why that didn't occur to me on my own. It is generally alot farther to fall from a horse than a bike so their standards must be pretty high.
Tina had control of the computer at that time so she googled equestrian helmets. I liked the look of the Troxel helmets, so I went over to Greenhawk, a supplier nearby and I now have one. (Greenhawk by the way is a very nice smelling store; leather always smells good. Lumberyards also smell very nice.)
And just in time. The padding decided to fall out of the current one on Friday.
Here are some other cool helmets, Yakkay and Tail-Wags, neither of which are sold in Manitoba-yet.

1 comment: