We chose to do the casting in the bathroom since we thought if we splashed any plaster around it would be easiest to clean from the linoleum.
I put oil on my face and lay down on the floor.
A towel to get my hair out of the way.
|I've just noticed the bottom of the bathroom sink is dirty. How did that get there?|
I am attempting to pry the mask off.
It is proving difficult ...
...and it is pulling on my eyelids.
It has now let go.
But I have plaster stuck to my face.
We learned from this and covered the Geek's eyelids with tissue soaked in oil.
She also didn't leave her mask on as long as I did and it was much easier to remove.
The dried mask.
Using the dremel to cut the eye holes.
Sketching the shape to cut.
The Geek's is ready to paint.
Mine needs to have some additional layers added.
A brow ridge.
The masks drying on the radiator after being primed.
The Geek testing paint methods and colours using the little guy on the screen for guidance.
Checking to make sure the mask fits.
Partially finished. When the painting was completed the Geek sprayed the inside and outside of the mask with a matte clearcoat and glued a ribbon on the inside just above the eyes to keep it on.
The Geek with her 'nose in a book, head in the clouds' and my owl.
We went to the party last night. The weather was so warm (an amazing 1C degree when we left home) that I only wore the sweater you see in this picture instead of a jacket. But fear not; being a prepared Prairie girl, I had a jacket, toque and mitts along in the car!