Tuesday 22 January 2008

Renovation Tip #2

When you remove the baseboards and trim prior to any renovation work, be sure to clearly identify from whence the pieces came. Otherwise, you will have little odds and ends of wood left over and no clear idea where to re-install them.

This little piece of baseboard has been puzzling me for awhile. So I set it against the chimney to take a picture to demonstrate my point. I figured the contrast would produce a lovely photograh.
Do you see where I am going with this? (I certainly had never noticed before now.)



I thought you would. Mystery solved!! (Tho' perhaps it was never a mystery to The Geek. I didn't ask.)


For those of you that don't know, we tore off the plaster that covered the chimney. We like the colour of the brick and the visual appeal it provided to the room. Funny thing; the first fellow we had in to give an estimate for drywall taping offered to cover it up for us. Considering I spent a whole day with an air chisel stripping off the plaster, we politely declined.

1 comment:

  1. I love the exposed chimney in your house, it does have a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete