Tuesday 14 June 2011

My First Attempts at Bohemia

I found a recipe for home made deodorant.
I'm always trying to reduce the amount of chemicals I apply to myself and this seemed pretty natural.
http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-to-make-your-own-deodorant.html
Here is the recipe, should this link disappear.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup baking soda ($1.19 for a box)
1/4 cup arrowroot powder ($5.99 for 20 oz.)
4 tablespoons coconut oil ($6.00 for 15 oz.)
10 drops/shakes grapefruit essential oil ($9.99 for 0.5 oz.)
A tin or jar with lid
n a bowl, stir together dry ingredients, then add oils gradually until you like the consistency, mixing with a fork. Store in a closed container at room temp. (If the mixture seems too soft, try refrigerating it for a bit to firm it up.)
To apply, scoop up a bit with your finger, hold it against your skin for a couple seconds so it melts a little, then rub around.

I whipped up a batch, and we'll see how it goes.
Perhaps shampoo is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment