Tuesday 3 May 2011

Halifax Whistle Stop

Halifax is a lovely old city.
Sister C had a conference there for four days at the end of April, beginning of May, so I tagged along.


Here are some of the many reasons to love that city.







Bookstores overflowing with books







Lovely parks. This is the Public Garden.

A place where you can actually tell your kids to go join the circus...and have them succeed.


Cool murals celebrating the city's seafaring past.



An interesting sky line.


Th Old Burying Ground, unfortunately closed for the season. My friend Mark told me I would be able to talk to ghosts, so I was understandably disappointed.

Tons of pubs with funky names.

Old churches, built when style mattered.

And while I have no pictures, the drivers were ever so polite to pedestrians. I want to go back and stay longer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment